Monday, April 28, 2008

Day 45 Monday

My workouts this week were NOT on the inside of a gym but in everday life. I was mostly a weekend warrior with my workout but I didn't seem to suffer much in the weight department. Didn't do a bodyfat test though so we'll see.

Sat morning I did interval training at www.baylands.org. In the last few years (since i went beyond 220 lbs) my three mile run became a three mile walk. Well this saturday I intervalled a 1min run with a 4 min walk, repeating for 44.20 min. it felt very doable. Next week i'm going to increase it to 1min 15sec.

Sat afternoon my chorus had a bowling tournament fundraiser. I don't bowl... but it was good exercise and my daughter and I shared a salad with chicken breast instead of cheese fries.

Sunday afternoon at 1:30 we had a 5 hour choreography rehearsal. I was tired by the end but I was thinking how fortunate it was for me to do this at 240lbs rather than 265lbs. Imagine what it will be like at 200 lbs.

3 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

Hey Dan,
Just wanted to welcome you to the Shreddersphere! Look forward to reading your blog and watching your progress. Shred on!

Marbella said...

Hi Dan,
Just dropping by to get to know you and welcome you to the Shredder Group. You life seems so interesting with running, walking, dancing, bowling. Nice to do a little of it all. Will drop by often to see how you are doing.
Lynda

Joni said...

Glad to see you back and just checking in to say hi. The run/walk intervals are what I do as well because my knees can't handle that much running. Works great! Keep on working, you'll see more results soon enough!