Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Day 32 Tuesday

Okay,

So traveling with this plan is a bitch... but I did it by planning ahead. I brought protein bars which were a good way to get some protein in although the corn syrup for the 40% carbs isn't the best choice. I DID find a dare I say fabulous Au bon Pain restaurant in DFW terminal D which served Maya chicken on - get this - brown rice and salad. about 450 calories but super good for me. That with a banana tied me over. When I got to Miami I settled for a Tuna wrap at the same restaurant but when I looked it up later it had 25g of fat. Pretty much tuna in a bowl of mayo I guess. Still, the day ended well with 65-25-25 ratio which is pretty good considering the very few protein choices I had.

Another learning was that Minute made Cran/Apple cocktail is only 15% real juice, the other 'Natural' piece was high fructose Corn Syrup. So where do you find the High Fructose Corn Syrup plant anyway? In MinuteMaid land? Next time, it's OJ for me if I need some carbs.

The biggest thing I found this morning after traveling was that I had plenty of energy all day, on the tradeshow floor, in my presentation and even in the evening as I type this at a Cuban restaurant in Miami.

I met a nice (read handsome) guy in the hotel gym this morning finishing up his treadmill workout. We ended up attending the same Salesforce.com trade show 3 blocks away. It's great to bond over fitness. Inspiring actually. He's been working out daily for 25 years and he looks great.

Lastly - my Old Navy shorts I bought just 2months ago now need a belt just to hold them up.

little steps....

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hi Dan! Nice to have you join the shreddersphere. =]
I will be following along on your shredding journey. Looks like you are well on your way!

Ciao~

Dan said...

Thanks Ceekaye. I appreciate the support.