Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 70 Friday

Well two breakthroughs.

1) I've stopped the daily measuring of food and going more on body feel. I order a sandwhich and a salad every day and eat 1/2 the sandwhich, three hours later, the salad, three hours later, the other sandwich. that's a good 3 meals at work.. I have a fiber filled breakfast and a nice dinner.

Breakthrough 1) - physical - I now have a '2' in my bodyfat measurement! I went from 35% in 3/19/08 to 29.9% to 5/23/08. I'm totally stoked.

Breakthrough 2) - psychological - I posted my full body shirtless front facing picture on a dating site. It's the first time I've felt comfortable doing that in over 2 years. Got some compliments too!

I also finished my auditing of all my medical records and historic weight measurements. I've learned alot.

1) I'm blown away that doctors don't keep medical records very long. Santa Cruz had it in storage though...Thanks Santa Cruz Medical Center

2) Weight watchers is a quick way to lose weight. I've had 2, 20-25 point weight loss drops but it always has come back and worse, at a higher slope than before.

3) Jenny Craig is a quick way to lose weight, but the slope of weight gain was even higher and faster than before.

4) this 5x a day eating regimen works. I believe it will continue to work over time. I'm rarely starving between meals like i was in WW.

5) My boyfriends have made me fat. Okay...that's not fair...but when i was with Will for 3 years my weight jumped from 211-236 (25 lbs). When I was with Rey it jumped from 240 to 265 (25 lbs). I was joking with Will yesterday that I no longer want to be in a relationship (fat and happy) but just happy. I can do skinny and happy.

6) I have specific historical markers.

a) at 234 today ... I'm already at the lowest point since 5/06

b) at 220 ... I'll be at the lowest point since 3/06 (lower then when I joined my job) (14 lbs from now)

c) at 219 ... I'll be at the lowest point since 6/04 when I did my first AIDS ride ALC3 (15 lbs from now)

d) at 211 ... That was my weight when I met Will (23 lbs from now)

e) at 204 ... that was my weight when I joined SVGMC (30 lbs from now)

f) at 202 ... that will be my lowest weight since 3/1/03 when I avoided taking blood pressure meds. I'll go to my doctor at that time and I will ask to be removed.(32 lbs from now)

g) at 201 .. that was my weight in 4/1/99 (33 lbs from now)


so in just 33 lbs, I will be the lowest I've weighed in 9 years...That's a very powerful visual for me.

No comments: